200 Business Club and Events Update
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 regulations on crowd control and for the safety of all our guests we have had to regrettably cancel both of our main fundraising events for this year – the Golf Am-Am and Sportsman’s Lunch. These events raise over £55,000 for the Society each year and the funds are used for our welfare clothing grants.
We are pleased to say that the events are already in the diary for next year and the Golf Am-Am is booked for Friday 11th June 2021 at the Hull Golf Club and the Sportsman’s Lunch is booked for Friday 8th October 2021 at the DoubleTree by Hilton – we look forward to seeing everyone again then.
Since lockdown began in March 2020, the team from the Society have been working from their own homes and have been inundated with work, predominantly in 3 main phases:
- When the schools closed, a great many of our existing families contacted us regarding help with a home computer in order for the children to still access education. To date we have supplied over 100 home computers via a business account with PC World central office who deliver directly to the family homes.
- Also, to our existing families who are already living in poverty, Trustees authorised an additional grant of £10 per week per child to be paid on a Monday for the additional food and heating costs for the children whilst off school.
- When the fish markets closed, a great many fishing families were suddenly hit with their entire weekly income being eliminated. We have worked in conjunction with the other fishing charities to assist these families in the short term to help provide food and heating for the children, until either Universal Credit claims are processed, or the fish markets open again.
200th Anniversary Celebrations
In 2021, we are hopeful that many of our Business Club members and supporters will be able to join the Society in celebrating our 200th Anniversary. To commemorate this fantastic achievement, we will be inviting all of our 200 Business Club members to a Bicentenary Dinner at the Hull Minster on Thursday 25th March 2021. We will confirm how to apply for the tickets as given the size of the venue and current COVID restrictions the availability will be announced nearer the date along with other dates for your calendar when they are finalised. The 200 Business Club was launched in November 2017 and currently has 109 members. We have raised £44,222 to date. We hope to raise enough funds to buy 6 new caravans to replace our older existing fleet to continue to provide respite breaks for those living in poverty.
How to become a 200 Business Club member:
If you would like to become a member of our 200 Business Club and be part of our 200th Year history, please contact Deanne Thomas our Chief Executive Officer, her email is email@example.com.
The benefits to joining our 200 Club are:
- free advertising of your Company name on our large plaque and on our website
- priority to table allocation at our Sportsman’s Lunch and at other events
- Exclusive invitation to our Celebratory Dinner in 2021 and other planned dates during our 200th Anniversary celebrations which we will advertise within the next few months.
Sailors’ Children’s Society – 200 Business Club members
Thank you to all of the Business Club members that have pledged to support the Society up to and including our 200th Anniversary next year.