WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The Sailors’ Children’s Society organise regular events during the year to raise funds to support the ongoing commitment we have made to our families that we support. Over the years, we have received many requests from individuals, businesses and even groups of people offering to help us with their fundraising ideas. Fundraising is about you as an individual, employee or employer bringing some fun and a challenge whilst raising funds for the Society.
We would be more than happy to come and talk to groups – no matter how large or small to brainstorm ideas or maybe you already know what you would like to do and just want to know how to get started. Whether it is part of a Charity of the Year nomination or just a one-off fundraiser, there are lots of ways to fundraise. It can motivate and inspire you. It also is a great way of getting people together in the community. If you want to help in any way whether it may be to raise funds, do some voluntary work or raise awareness, please contact Wendy Fish on the telephone number below or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to receive our annual publications, news about our fundraising events and current appeals, please click on our mailing list logo at the top of the page. We also regularly update our Facebook page so please click on our link at the top of this page and like us.
How you have helped
- Virgin Money in Paragon Street, Hull collected Easter Eggs for the children we support living in the Hull and Bridlington.
- University College of London Dance Society raised £563 at their Triple Bill Showcase in February.
- JCT600 and also the listeners of Viking FM Cash for Kids generously donated toys for the families we support at Christmas time.
- The Wilberforce Masonic Lodge raised a fantastic £1,000 at their Carol Service in December.
- Thank you to Mal Nicholson the owner of Spider T and HMS Pickle who is an ambassador for the Society and is flying the flag during the Hull City of Culture 2017. He is currently moored at the Hull Marina.
We were extremely successful with our Pantomime Appeal in 2017 and 26 families went to see the pantomime at their local theatre. A huge thank you to all the theatres involved such as Floral Pavillion, Beck Theatre, His Majesty’s Theatre, Grimsby Auditorium, Liverpool Empire, Octagon Theatre etc.
- UK Harbour Masters Association have kindly helped raise funds at their recent Autumn Dinner and we would like to thank them for their donation of £175. They have also sent previous donations earlier in the year following money raised in lieu of Christmas Cards and also following their Spring Seminar.
- We would like to say a big thank you to ResQ who raised a fantastic £700 as part of their Charity of the Year for the Society which included a Charity Boxing Match at the KC Stadium and a team entered in the Hull 10k Charity Run.
- Thank you to the staff at the Minstergate Group decided to take up a challenge to help raise money and also increase team morale. The 3 Yorkshire Peaks was a challenge that seemed achievable and raised over £600 for the Society.
United Kingdom Maritime Pilots Association – we attended their evening gala on 17th November 2015. The raffle raised £500. We are very grateful to all those who attended.
HMS Pickle replica flying the flag on arrival to the Humber in September 2015 read more on our facebook page
Spider T flying the flag at the Seafarers Awareness Week in June 2014 Read more
Sponsorship through regular events Read more
Car Boot/School Fundraising Read more
We are very grateful from a number of charitable trusts. Their support is essential and we rely on these donations to help us to continue to provide ongoing support to children of seafarers and to further develop other ways of helping families other than financially.
We would like to thank all of the charitable trusts and organisations who have donated so far. Without this support much of our work would not be able to go ahead.