At our Annual General Meeting on Thursday 3rd August 2017, we launched the group –
Friends of Sailors’ Children’s Society which we aim to build a network of friends both locally and throughout the UK who we can call on for help in a number of different ways. This could be:
- to promote the work we do
- to help in the office via the Hull History Centre with our Newland Homes orphanage archives
- to help at our fundraising events
- to arrange local individual events such as coffee mornings or even a skydive!
- to bring any special interests or practical skills for the benefit of the Society eg design work or perhaps to act as a local caseworkers to a family we support.
As you may be aware, we celebrate our 200th year anniversary in 2021 and we very much hope our new network of friends can help us throughout the UK to make it extremely special year with many events planned; as we again move forwards and continue to provide relevant support to disadvantaged children of seafarers.
If you are interested in becoming one of our friends, please contact Wendy Fish our Funding Co-ordinator.